Bwlch with Altitude
We are now aiming to be back in 2023… with bells on!
Bwlch With Altitude is a popular, family friendly navigation challenge held annually in Llangorse & Bwlch since 2009. The challenge can be conducted either by foot or on your mountain bikes, and it is a team event (minimum 2; maximum 8 members per team). Whilst navigating the routes, your team will have a quiz sheet to fill in, digital checkpoints to collect, photographs to take, and marshals to say hello to! There are prizes galore… all kindly donated by local businesses. The challenge starts with check-in, safety briefing and refreshments at Bwlch Village Hall.
There are 4 options to choose from:
- A 15 mile circular mountain bike route – ideal training for MTB challenges such as the Brecon Beast. Our route requires entrants to have some experience – it contains steep ascents/descents over rough terrain, and riders must wear a safety helmet.
- A 12 mile circular walk – ideal training for WAAT4 and similar challenges, or just a really good day out in the hills with your mates!
- A 5 mile circular walk – ideal for families of all ages.
On the day Bwlch Village Hall will be open from 9am with teas, coffees, bacon rolls, etc. for sale.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your start time in order to complete registration.
Challenge start times:
- Mountain Bike Route – 10am
- Long walking route – 10.15am
- Short walking route – 11am
- Guided Mindful Walk – 1pm